Transport Supervisor (Nights)
The Transport Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing transport operations across the night shift, in a retail distribution operation for one of the country’s leading 3PLs.
My client are one of the country’s leading 3PL businesses, with countless depots and contracts across the UK.
The key responsibilities for the role of Transport Supervisor – Nights in Milton Keynes will be:
Management of around 40 drivers a night.
Management and delivery of transport related KPIs.
Implement the daily schedule as issued by the Transport Planning Managers.
Assist Transport Manager with daily and weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished i.e. staffing, equipment, space.
Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures.
Responsibility for all issues relating to health & safety and the environment.
Ensure operations are legally compliant to all relevant transport legislation.
Manage drivers in accordance to Company policy in regard to Drivers Infringements and Accidents.
The successful candidate for the role of Transport Supervisor – Nights in Milton Keynes will have:
- Experience in a managerial/supervisory role within a transport operation.
- Knowledge of drivers hours and WTD.
- Previous experience managing class 1 drivers.
- Great knowledge of transport compliance and legislation.
- The ability to work independently, and be the main point of contact on shift.
- The flexibility to work nights.
The successful candidate for the role of Transport Supervisor – Nights in Milton Keynes will receive:
- A salary of £29,000 p/a.
- A work schedule of 22:00 – 7:00 Sunday-Thursday.
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- Excellent progression opportunities.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.