The role of Transport Manager will be to oversee and manage daily operations within the transport department in a busy B2B distribution business.
The business are one of the country’s leading third party logistics providers with multiple sites nationally.
My client are a leading 3PL business.
The key responsibilities for the role of Transport Manager based in Manchester will be:
- Ensuring that all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications.
- Keeping schedules and organising team members.
- Making sure vehicles are properly maintained, arranging repairs and routine maintenance.
- Liaising with workshops and manufacturers to maximise vehicle uptime.
- Ensuring relevant legislation is followed by drivers and wider team. This includes but is not limited to all Tacho/hours legislation and other O licence related activities.
- Management of the planning function to support the most efficient and effective routes.
- Full HR responsibility for the transport team (closely supported by the HR department).
- Development and training of office and delivery staff, including 1-2-1s, coaching and appraisals.
- Management of KPI’s.
The successful candidate for the role of Transport Manager based in Manchester will have:
- CPC National or International (preferred).
- Experience of running a transport operation.
- Strong geographic understanding of the UK to support management of planning.
- Customer centric approach.
- Experience of operating an LCV and LGV fleet.
- Knowledge of transport planning systems.
- Competent use of MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills.
The successful candidate for the role of Transport Manager based in Manchester will receive:
- A salary of up to £45,000 DOE.
- Great progression opportunities.
- 28 days holiday.
- Free on site parking.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.