This is a fantastic opportunity in Dartford for someone looking for a hands on Management Accountant role where you will be given the autonomy and control to change things up. You will be one of the Finance leads for the business partnering with c-suite.
We are currently partnering exclusively with a fantastic Telecommunications organisation based in Dartford.
The business has grown organically and boasts a turnover of £10 million, which is set to double this year.
They are looking to hire a Management Accountant to join their fast-growth business. This person will play a critical role in running the financial department for the business and taking on all fianance duties, evetually building their own team.
The Management Accountant will be responsbile for the:
- Financial/Management Accounts
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts via Xero and Fathom for Network Planning Solutions Limited including month end journals.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including Debtors, Creditors, Prepayments, Accruals, WIP, Loans, etc.
- Analysis of the monthly results for monthly meetings with the Directors, including budget versus actual comparisons, where applicable.
- Monthly analysis of revenue and gross profit by customer.
- Involvement in preparation of Annual Operating Budgets for NPS with the Directors, where applicable.
- Sales / Purchase Ledger and Banking
- Monthly billing & WIP of customers in conjunction with the individual project managers and Commercial Manager.
- Responsible for responding to customer account queries including invoice queries that are sent to Accounts.
- Sales/purchase data processing, analysis, and reporting when required, including but not limited to, the raising/processing of sales invoices and supplier invoices.
- Authorisation of all supplier invoices against purchase orders or with project managers/ Commercial Manager.
- Sales Ledger / Purchase ledger Nominal code checking as part of monthly procedures.
- Credit control and debt collection, where applicable, including sending monthly statements to customers.
- Payment runs for suppliers, including approval with Directors and posting all payments on Xero and Lloyds.
- Processing of the monthly payment of these invoices to subcontractors through to Xero and Lloyds and associated new monthly timesheet setup for engineers.
- Processing of company credit cards transactions (Directors), including the coding of and review with the Directors.
- Daily bank reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Compliance including Tax and Payroll
- Preparation of monthly payroll files for submission to external payroll company for processing for all employees along with setting up payments for staff, HMRC and pension commitments in Xero and Lloyds.
- Completion and submission to HMRC of monthly VAT & CIS returns for the company.
- Preparation of P11D/PAYE Settlement information for submission to external accountants to complete and submit to HMRC.
- Preparation of year end files to provide to external accountants to complete financial reporting and tax returns for Companies House and HMRC.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly cash flow reporting for the Directors and Board.
The ideal Management Accountant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience as a management accountant or similair role
- Part or Fully Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting and reporting & budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of Xero
On offer for the Management Accountant role in Dartford is a salary of up to £60,000 dependant on experience and qualifications plus excellent benefits including opportunity for progression.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.