My client is looking for a Logistics Project Engineer to help lead a start up operation in Coventry.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Logistics Project Engineer to join a market leading third party logistics provider.
3PL Logistics Provider based in Coventry who are looking for a Logistics Project Engineer to take responsibility of a new site in Coventry.
As the Logistics Project Engineer you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a brand new logistics facility in Coventry.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will have responsibility for all aspects of operational design and the implementations of automation, robotics and systems.
My client are looking for strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills and someone who will provide best practice and expert knowledge to the Engineering Leadership team.
- Must be flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Be competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks and smaller projects, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate full Engineering solution (layout, target UPHs, direct labour calculation analysis etc) to the Project team, with the objective of solution optimisation.
- Source, manage and schedule suitable vendors for all required equipment & services to ensure final solution is delivered within Capex budget and within agreed timelines.
- Attend regular Project team calls & meetings to provide engineering status on key deliverables and critical path items.
- Support Operations to ensure process target UPHs are achieved, and identify and analyse discrepancies based on project scope changes
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills, quick thinking, and a solid understanding of the main principles of Logistics.
- Advanced MS Office and MS Project skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement principles of lean manufacturing, including standardised work, 5S visual factory, total productive maintenance, pull systems, etc.
- 2-3 years’ experience with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Kaizen / LEAN / Six Sigma concepts and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Method Time Management.
- Ability to articulate and quantify technical risks on the project.
- £50,000 – £70,000
- Private health care
- Private pension
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.