Interim Operations Manager
The Interim Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of a third party palletised warehouse. The role will also have a focus on managing relationships with the site’s customers, ensuring clear communication and resolution of any queries the customers may have.
My client are a global 3PL, currently going through change and looking to hire logistics experts to ensure a smooth transition.
My client are a leading global 3PL business.
The key responsibilities for the role of Interim Operations Manager based in Manchester will be:
- To be responsible for ensuring that the day to day Operational customer requirements operate efficiently and safely whilst maintaining a high level of process adherence and customer satisfaction.
- Autonomously overseeing the daily operations of a multi-user warehouse.
- To manage your team to ensure; they have clear objectives and receive an appraisal to review performance,.
- Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety.
- Liaise with customer representatives to resolve concerns and maintain partnership relationships.
- To set, agree and monitor KPI data, analyse trends with a view to continually driving operational efficiency, cost savings and customer service.
- Operate within pre-agreed operational budget with responsibility for the site’s P&L.
- This role will be a 6 month fixed term contract.
The successful candidate for the role of Interim Operations Manager based in Manchester will have:
- Experience managing a multi-user distribution environment, and have experience of budgetary controls and KPI management
- Demonstrate strong and proven leadership skills and be able to employ a range of methods to fully energise others and lift performance.
- A track record of managing key customer accounts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of WMS systems
- Experience implementing change into a warehousing operation is preferable.
The successful candidate for the role of Interim Operations Manager based in Manchester will receive:
- A salary of £55,000 DOE.
- A working schedule of Monday to Friday, 8:00-17:00.
- A 6 month fixed term contract (potential of extension).
- The opportunity to work autonomously, with control of the site and budget.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.