A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as the Financial Controller of a growing Kettering based business. The overarching responsibility of this role is to be at the forefront of all financial related activity for this growing company.
This role is brilliant in itself but the opportunity once you are in the company has huge appeal!
My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain space offering a modern logistics solution to the market. The can-do attitude of the business means that they are rapidly growing and entering new spaces equating to huge opportunity for you and them.
This is an internationally known company with a proposition that challenges existing spaces.
Sounds interesting? It should do!!
As the financial controller, you will be a part of the senior leadership team, who are all based in Kettering, helping to develop financial models to support the company through growth and change.
- Provide financial leadership including scenario planning and forecasting
- Provision of clear and timely management accounts for the directors
- Management of annual planning, budgeting and reporting processes and timetable, including annual budget, annual review and preparation of three-year financial projections aligned to achieving strategic objectives
- Ensure the organisation’s approach to risk management is fit for purpose and to lead on the development of robust assurance framework
- Ensure that effective accounting records and financial control systems are maintained and that all financial matters are dealt with in a proper and secure manner
- Ensure that all income due is promptly collected and monies owed are paid in a prompt and efficient manner, specifically manage and control debt
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and management of the audit
- Review and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations and routine financial processes
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Responsibility for effective treasury management
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating the financial system to ensure maximum financial control
- Responsibility for updating and maintaining all financial procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and control
- Lead liaison with banks, auditors, HMRC, loan and grant-making bodies
- Preparation of management reports as appropriate
- Lead role on topical finance projects as appropriate
- Financial advice and training to staff and trustees as required
If you are an individual who is a looking for a role where they can work hard to showcase what value they can add to a business then this role is for you. In return, you will be working for a company that is keen to allow you to thrive and offers progression and variety.
You are required to have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced user of Excel and working knowledge of Power BI
- Experience of working in an controls environment and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise as the business needs
- Happy to work in the Kettering office
- Understanding of the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain industry
The package for this Financial Controller role is as follows:
- £45,000-£50,000 pa
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.