We are seeking a highly organised and detail-oriented Finance Manager to join a Not-for-Profit organisation based in Worcester. The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the Trust. This role is paying up to £50,000, plus the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
This Not-for-Profit client is based in Worcester and is offering an exciting opportunity to join their organisation during a period of growth. The Not-for-Profit is looking to expand the Trust by almost 50% over the next 12 months and will continue to grow beyond this. If you are an ambitious Finance Manager or Head of looking for a Director role in the future, this is a position is for you.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures for the Trust
- Oversee the preparation of the annual budget and monitor throughout the year
- Prepare monthly financial reports and present them to the SLT and Board of Trustees
- Monitor and reconcile all bank accounts
- Oversee payroll and employee benefits (payroll is outsourced)
- Handle financial audits and tax compliance
- Monitor and control the Trust’s debt levels
- Assist with the development and implementation of fundraising strategies
- Identify cost savings
- Manage a team of two finance staff who operate at transactional level
- Ideally you will be a fully qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant. Note, Part-Qualified or Qualified by Experience will also be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Again, this is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in financial management, preferably in a Not-for-Profit setting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with financial software and Microsoft Office
- Experience with budget preparation and forecasting
- People management experience would be advantageous
- It is desirable if you have strong Charity SORP and regulatory knowledge, note, this is not essential
If you are a self-starter with a passion for financial management and a commitment to growing with an organisation, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
£40,000 – £50,000 per annum
Local Goverment Pesnion Scheme (c21% employer contributions)
25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years service (excludes Public Holidays)
Free Parking on-site in Worcester
Study support package for those looking for CPD
Likely Director of Finance position in the future
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.